Saturday, May 23, 2009

HUGE PROJECT IS ALMOST COMPLETE

I've been under this gun for what seems like forever. I've been printing my band Gay Beast's record covers and now the printing is done. My back and neck and triceps hurt like hell, but hopefully it was worth it.
Printing is done, but now we have to cut, score, fold, tape and stuff .

The designs were posted below, but here is a real life shot.

The release show is TONIGHT at the 7th St. Entry. Read about the record and junk HERE.

We're going on a 3 week tour out east, and I'll be bringing a bunch of my prints with us and selling them for dirt cheap. If any of you dear blog readers can, you should come to one of our shows

SATURDAY MAY 23rd - 7th St. Entry w/ Mute Era, Synchrocyclotron, and Moonstone

WEd. May 27th IOWA CITY- @ the Glory Hole w/ some USAisamonster side project

Thurs. May 28th ST. LOUIS - @ the Lemp ARts Center w/ We Are HEx

Fri. May 29 CHICAGO @ No Coast STudio in chicago

Sat. May 30th COLUMBUS @ Skylab w/ Black Elf Speaks

Sun. May 31st RICHMOND VA @ The Triple

Mon. June 1st BALTIMORE MD @ the Hexagon

Tues. June 2nd Philly PA @ Marvelous Records w/ U.s. Girls

Wed. June 3rd Brooklyn NY @ Silent Barn w/ Satanized

Thurs. June 4th Brooklyn NY @ BRUAR FALLS w/ Body Type[s] mbs of sightings and metalux

Friday. June 5th Brooklyn NY @ Market Hotel w/Child Abuse

Saturday. June 6th BOSTON@ Midway Cafe w/ Neptune

Sun. June 7th PROVIDENCE @ Dark Lady w/ Satanized

Mon. June 8th DAY OFF IN BOSTON

Tues. June9th OTTAWA ON @ Leaky Pipes

WEd. June 10th MONTREAL, QC @ Friendship Cove w/ AIDS wolf

Thurs. June 11th TORONTO, ON @ Buy the Pound w/ Dead Wife

Fri. June 12th YPSILANTI, MI @ Dreamland Theater

SAt. Jne 13th CHICAGO, IL @ Automatic Collective w/ Cacaw

Sun. June 14th Madison, WI @ High Noon Saloon w/ Screamin' Cyn Cyn and the Pons


YAYYYY!

New Tees and New Tour poster will be in full effect!

I have a lot of work to do the next 4 days.YIKES!

XOXOXO

DANIMAL

4 comments:

David Moreira said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... I just saw this post......

I meant to stop by from Duluth, but forgot what it was besides Wednesday's Knife World, DotS, Velvet Davenport show, which I had to pass on as well....

I'm really sorry I didn't get to stop by to meet you. The work you've been doing is great. A favorite besides the Neptune/These are Powers is the Haunted House/Tender Meat/Gay Beast print. Congratulations on the great job with this record, I can't wait to get a copy.

I'm beginning to print my own work and did this for a show a while ago. http://skat.griftart.com/Art/2009/Sketches/April/SpaceJamPhoto.jpg I had to sneak in to the UofM's studio up here to do this rather large job for a first time project. Thankfully I'll be setting up shop in-home very shortly.

I'm assuming you wont be around for Heliotrope as I plan on being at. Anyways, hope to meet sometime. Maybe we could trade a print or something. I'll be working on a few over the next month. Later!

Doctor Pizzoli said...

sounds great! Kay and I will come by with some $$$

chloe lum said...

i love the record so much and can't wait to have you at my house, friends of mine are already excited to buy yr prints!

Monstertoke said...

ahh I can't wait to get my hands on that vinyl when I get home!!