Sunday, December 7, 2008

TEEEE SHIRTTTTTT

This Massachussetts noisey band called DEK BOO asked me to design a t-shirt for them. I've had a few requests for t-shirt designs lately,and I have to say that they are a little hard to design. Tshirts present a problem of creating a cohesive, floating image that works with the form of the body/shirt. Then, on top of that, I have the problem of creating a multiple color image that doesn't require perfect registration. You see, I don't have a t-shirt press in my studio (mark that on my xmas wishlist) so I cannot print designs that have tight/exact registration between colors. So, I have been creating designs that have a little play to accomodate stretching of the shirt, or just being a little offff. The band wanted something abstract to represent their "big" sound, something with subtler colors, and something that wasn't too chaotic. Tell me what you think.

They liked the design. They are ordering t-shirts, and sending them to me...so the colors may vary depending one what shirts I will be printing on.
Big thanks to P for all the computer help. P is becoming my photoshop yoda, showing me that I too have a photoshop force deep within myself, and all I need is some training to unleash it.